Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fire Update - Subhed Red Tape

Well, time for cautious optimism. I called my insurance broker yesterday.
I had been focusing my efforts on contacting the claims manager for the
insurance company instead. this is the person who actually sold my father
the insurance on the house in 1994, and the person who transferred that
insurance to me in 1999. I hadn't spoken to her since the fire because I
frankly did not think of calling her until yesterday. I had been focusing
my efforts on contacting the claims manager for the insurance company
instead.

Anyway, she was able to look on the Traveler's secure website, and she
determined that (1) my claim is still open, (2) there's "a great deal of
money" in the account. What's holding everything up? She'll get back to
me.

The point is, this is the most official information I've gotten in 7
months.

No comments: